Saturday, August 4, 2012

Implementation of a tree structure in OSX - Step 1


I had the requirement of implementing a tree structure for a command list. Since the resources available for this specific task is less in the internet, I thought of sharing this experience. I should thank the blog writers who had posted some valuable facts related to this.

Since this is my first article related to Mac OSX app development, I thought of starting this with some basics too. So, I will publish this as a series of articles. (Then it will be easy for a non-beginner to skip the basics and go for the necessary part easily)


Step 1
Create a project in Xcode

File -> New Project
Select Mac OSX -> Application -> Cocoa Application


Add a name (Command Tree) and tick automatic reference counting (for memory management purposes)

Select the destination to save and create the project.


When you finished creating the project you will have the project like this.


We will see further information about this in the next article..

No comments:

Post a Comment